Wey Valley Solar will be launching a new Community Share Offer in early 2024 to install, own and operate solar panels on the roofs of various schools. Installation work for a solar PV array is set to commence on the Independent Learning Centre at Godalming Sixth Form College. The co-op has also received approval in principle for solar PV at the seven schools of the Weydon Mult-Academy Trust based primarily in Farnham and Haslemere.
When you apply for shares in Wey Valley Solar Schools Energy Co-operative Ltd you become part of a plan to:
- Help schools manage their energy bills
- Improve energy security with home-generated electricity
- Tackle climate change via reduced CO2 emissions
- Increase the amount of renewably-generated electricity in the grid
- Help schools meet their net zero targets
It is expected that members should receive interest on their investment at an annual rate of 5.0 – 5.5% To register and receive further information, go to www.weyvalleysolar.co.uk/register