Wey Valley Solar will be launching a new Community Share Offer in autumn 2023 to install, own and operate solar panels on the roofs of various schools. Installation work for a solar PV array is set to commence on the Independent Learning Centre at Godalming Sixth Form College. The co-op has also received approval in principle for solar PV at the seven schools of the Weydon Mult-Academy Trust based primarily in Farnham and Haslemere. Further installation is anticipated at Godalming Sixth Form College.
When you apply for shares in Wey Valley Solar Schools Energy Co-operative Ltd you become part of a plan to:
- Help schools manage their energy bills
- Improve energy security with home-generated electricity
- Tackle climate change via reduced CO2 emissions
- Increase the amount of renewably-generated electricity in the grid
- Help schools meet their net zero target
It is expected that members should receive interest on their investment at an annual rate of 5.0%*.
Minimum investment is £50.
Click here to register and receive further information.
* IMPORTANT NOTE: This share offer is a long term investment in shares to deliver environmental and social impacts as well as a financial return. As with any investment there are risks. Your capital is at risk and may not be readily realisable. Returns are projected and variable, depending on the performance of the project, and are not guaranteed. Consider all risks before investing and read the offer documents. Wey Valley Schools Energy Co-operative Ltd is registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act under Registration Number 31358R.